A floor in the direct and figurative sense is a basis for business. Its damage can lead to stopping of production and breaking of established logistic chains and this, of course, to notable financial losses.
The Construction Of Industrial Floors
The industrial floor is a floor capable to stand various sorts of loadings during maintenance. There are:
- Chemical impacts (acids, alkalis, oils, etc.);
- Temperature impacts. They appears in result of local decreases or rises of temperature (near to exterior apertures of a building, high-temperature stoves, the impact of heated fluids and objects at their interacting with a floor etc.) and also during the maintenance of the low-temperature industrial storehouses-refrigerators;
- Abrasive impacts. They arise in result of traffic of load-lifting transport (loaders, trolleys, etc.) and the traffic of pedestrian bearing a mud and sand (trading halls, transitions, etc.);
- Dynamic loadings. They appears in result of operation of cars and an equipment with dynamic loadings (machine tools, presses, load-lifting transport) and special building works (a soil consolidation, a driving of piles and sheet piles), etc;
- Shock impacts that arise during a repair, dismantle, movement and installation of equipment and also casual falls of objects.
The main features of industrial floors are strength, flatness, wear and chemical resistance.
Designing of industrial floors is carried out depending on the sort and intensity of supposed loadings, properties of a subbase, building climatic conditions, etc.
Industrial floors differ according to types of a construction of the load-bearing slab and types of materials applied for the construction of a “finishing” layer.
The Types Of Industrial Floors
Industrial Concrete Floors
Constructions of industrial floors differ in quantity of layers and types of reinforcement. According to quantity of layers floors are divided on single-layer and the multilayer one. Single-layer constructions of floors are often applied in new building and when there are special requirements.
The multilayer construction is applied if:
- there is a need to arrange additional layers of a floor (such as waterproofing or thermo-insulating layers);
- thickness of a single-layer slab is higher than 25 cm;
- there is a need of reconstruction or new building in cases of underlaying concrete layers that require leveling or strengthening.
According to types of reinforcement of floors there are unreinforced one (in case of small loadings and impacts) and armature reinforced by rod or vulcanized fiber.
According to types of applied alternatives of a “finishing” layer there are floors of two basic types:
- concrete with the reinforced top layer;
- concrete with a polymeric coating.
The application of concrete for the construction of industrial floors is the best technological solution. But one of its essential disadvantages is its low wear resistance and high dust separation during abrasive impacts.
The top layer is first of all exposed to destruction; therefore the pure industrial concrete floors aren’t practically applied. There are processing methods of surface hardening by means of liquid or dry reinforcers during a stage of concreting or after a certain period to give a concrete floor the high maintenance properties.
More Posts Related To Hiring Contractors Or Home Remodeling
👉 What's Trending Now
- Facing Queries When Doing Renovation? Using The Web For Research In 2021
- House Renovation Ideas 2021 – You May Try Garage Epoxy Floor System!
- Look For Some New Ideas For Home Interior Design? Learn Different Types Of Bamboo Floors (2021)
👉 Hiring Contractors
- Why Do We Need A Plumber Or Plumbing Technicians? (2021)
- Professional Tree Pruning Services 2021 – How They Might Help You With Stumps Problem?
- How To Filter Through Choices To Find The Best Remodeling Contractor In 2021
👉 Home Remodeling Ideas
- How To Choose The Best TV Service Provider? (2021)
- Useful Tips On How To Install Garage Cabinets In Your Carport (2021)
- Don’t Leave These 10 Tasks Off Your Fall Home Inspection Checklist (2021)
👉 Flooring Designs
- Household Decorations Guide 2021: Instructions For Installing Bamboo Flooring In Your Home
- Office Renovation (2021): Benefits Of Using Laminate Flooring And Stair Treading In Workspace
- Home Interior Design Ideas 2021: Learning About Laminate Flooring Options & How To Lay Laminate Floor
👉 Bathroom Remodeling
👉 Moving House