A floor in the direct and figurative sense is a basis for business. Its damage can lead to stopping of production and breaking of established logistic chains and this, of course, to notable financial losses.
The Construction Of Industrial Floors
The industrial floor is a floor capable to stand various sorts of loadings during maintenance. There are:
- Chemical impacts (acids, alkalis, oils, etc.);
- Temperature impacts. They appears in result of local decreases or rises of temperature (near to exterior apertures of a building, high-temperature stoves, the impact of heated fluids and objects at their interacting with a floor etc.) and also during the maintenance of the low-temperature industrial storehouses-refrigerators;
- Abrasive impacts. They arise in result of traffic of load-lifting transport (loaders, trolleys, etc.) and the traffic of pedestrian bearing a mud and sand (trading halls, transitions, etc.);
- Dynamic loadings. They appears in result of operation of cars and an equipment with dynamic loadings (machine tools, presses, load-lifting transport) and special building works (a soil consolidation, a driving of piles and sheet piles), etc;
- Shock impacts that arise during a repair, dismantle, movement and installation of equipment and also casual falls of objects.
The main features of industrial floors are strength, flatness, wear and chemical resistance.Designing of industrial floors is carried out depending on a sort and intensity of supposed loadings, properties of a subbase, a building climatic conditions, etc.Industrial floors differ according to types of a construction of the load-bearing slab and types of materials applied for the construction of a “finishing” layer.
The Types Of Industrial Floors. Industrial Concrete Floors
Constructions of industrial floors differ in quantity of layers and types of reinforcement. According to quantity of layers floors are divided on single-layer and the multilayer one. Single-layer constructions of floors are often applied in new building and when there are special requirements.
The multilayer construction is applied if:
- there is a need to arrange additional layers of a floor (such as waterproofing or thermo-insulating layers);
- thickness of a single-layer slab is higher than 25 cm;
- there is a need of reconstruction or new building in cases of underlaying concrete layers that require leveling or strengthening.
According to types of reinforcement of floors there are unreinforced one (in case of small loadings and impacts) and armature reinforced by rod or vulcanized fiber.
According to types of applied alternatives of a “finishing” layer there are floors of two basic types:
- concrete with the reinforced top layer;
- concrete with a polymeric coating.
The application of concrete for the construction of industrial floors is the best technological solution. But one of its essential disadvantages is its low wear resistance and high dust separation during abrasive impacts.
The top layer is first of all exposed to destruction; therefore the pure industrial concrete floors aren’t practically applied. There are processing methods of surface hardening by means of liquid or dry reinforcers during a stage of concreting or after a certain period to give a concrete floor the high maintenance properties.
More Posts Related To Hiring Contractors Or Home Remodeling
👉 What's Trending Now
- How To Quickly Locate A Good Remodeling Contractor In 2021? Learn The Below Tips Immediately!
- Instructions & Guide To Design A Handicap-Accessible Bathroom In 2021
- Perfect Bathroom Design 101: Custom Shower Glass Enclosures (2021)
👉 Hiring Contractors
- Remodeling Issues (2021) – Promoting Safety In A Construction Site With These 4 Tips
- How To Hire The Best Roofing Contractor For Your House In 2021?
- Queries On Bathroom Remodeling 2021 – What Actually Does Renovate A Bathroom Cost?
👉 Home Remodeling Ideas
- DIY Can Go A Good Way: 10 DIY Home Improvement Tips (2021)
- How To Enhance Your Living Environment? Make A Difference With These Great Home Improvement Tips And Tricks! (2021)
- Don’t Get Caught Out In The Cold: 10 Home Improvement Tasks For 2021 Winter
👉 Flooring Designs
- Enhancing Your Home Starting From Flooring: Getting Carpet Floor Tiles (2021)
- DIY Home Repairing 2021: Basic Ideas And Rules Of Wood Floor Repair
- Look For Some New Ideas For Home Interior Design? Learn Different Types Of Bamboo Floors (2021)
👉 Bathroom Remodeling
👉 Moving House