Covering PVC For Floors
This sort of coverings for a floor is made of polymeric mass with application of various plasticizers, diluents, filling materials and dyes. Polyvinylchloride acts as a connecting agent. They are suitable for living rooms, educational facilities, shops, hospitals and offices due to high durability, resistance to wear and rotting, small heat conductivity, high hygienic property and the wide variety of drawings.
There are some restrictions in use of PVC coverings: they are sensitive to heats and unstable to acetone and other strong solvents. They shouldn’t be laid near heating systems where air temperature can exceed 40-50°C. It is impossible to use PVC coverings in the open air because they collapse under the influence of an adverse weather conditions – heat, cold, atmospheric precipitation.
The Types Of PVC Coverings
Depending on a structure these coverings are divided on homogeneous and heterogeneous. The homogeneous covering is a homogeneous for all thickness covering that is strong and elastic. Drawing penetrates into all the thickness of coverings therefore even by non-uniform wear of a material its exterior look remains invariable.
Heterogeneous PVC coverings have more difficult structure than homogeneous one. Its basis contains the layer of glass cloth with the width from two to four meters depending on desirable width of a product. This layer is some kind of “backbone” on which other layers of PVC covering are fastened, therefore the density and durability of glass cloth are very important.
If to compare these two types of PVC covering their wear resistance will be approximately identical. However if it’s necessary to make a floor in a room with not only a high rate of operation but also the high risk of mechanical damages, so in this case the homogeneous covering will be more expedient. If there is a need of an additional warm and sound insulation it’s better to take advantage of a heterogeneous covering or a homogeneous material with the foam base sheet.
More Posts Related To Hiring Contractors Or Home Remodeling
👉 What's Trending Now
- Worry Your Floor Goes Bad During Wet Seasons? Use These Important Floor Waterproofing Materials (2021)
- Perfect Bathroom Design 101: Custom Shower Glass Enclosures (2021)
- How To Quickly Locate A Good Remodeling Contractor In 2021? Learn The Below Tips Immediately!
👉 Hiring Contractors
- Searching For A Good Roofing Service Contractor Can Be Hard Unless You Use These (2021)
- How To Choose A Capable Architect For Your New House In 2021? Read This Advice For Insights!
- Home Renovation Projects – Weighing Your Options For Hiring The Best Remodeling Contractor In 2021
👉 Home Remodeling Ideas
- Easy Home Greening 2021: Small Space Indoor Plants Arrangement Ideas
- Increase The Value Of Your Property With These Handy Home Improvement Tips (2021)
- Property Owner Must-know 2021: The Advantage Of Having Lightning Protection
👉 Flooring Designs
- Household Decorations Guide 2021: Instructions For Installing Bamboo Flooring In Your Home
- Household Facts 2021: What Is Rubber Floor Covering And What Are Its Advantages?
- Struggling How To Do The Flooring? See More Glamorous Exotic Hardwood Flooring (2021)
👉 Bathroom Remodeling
👉 Moving House