The concrete floors are basically made in industrial facilities. But in view of their practicality and low cost owners of cottages carry out concrete floors in garages, barns, working rooms, other utility rooms.
The Design Of Concrete Floor
The whole technology of a concrete floor construction looks as follows:
- Preparation of the basis
- Placing of reinforcement and directing bars
- Pouring of a concrete solution and its leveling
- Concrete troweling
- Impregnating by dust – removing means or putting of polymeric coatings.
The thickness of concrete depends on the loading which is supposed on this concrete floor. The concrete mix moves mainly from the holding furnace by means of a concrete pump or, in house conditions, buckets. By means of the putty knife the mix is evenly spread at walls and columns which are partitioned off from flooring by settlement joints. These joints are arranged as follows: the polyethylene band with thickness of 3-5 mm is placed round columns and along outdoor and interior walls of a building that allows preventing the cracking of the concrete floor because of the settlement of a building.
Application Of Reinforcing Agentz
If there is a need of the reinforced top layer the reinforcing agent, a dry mix from concrete, polymers, pigments and fillers (quartz, corundum or metallic depending on loadings), is spread on the surface before a concrete troweling. It is rubbed in green concrete some hours after its laying and interacts with water available in concrete. The monolithic structure with a concrete base is formed in the process. The reinforcing agent increase a bit the cost of a concrete floor, but its use allows improving strength of a floor surface in two-three times. Also the dust separation is considerably decreased by use of a concrete floor.
Compaction By Vacuum
In some cases the compaction by vacuum of green concrete solution is also applied to remove water from concrete. This operation gives as a result the improving of characteristics of a concrete floor:
- Crack resistance improves
- Strength of a top layer of concrete increases,
- The time of strength development decreases.
Nowadays the fiber -reinforced concrete with add-on of a metallic fiber – fragments of a jagged steel wire which considerably increases the compression and tensioning strength of concrete (especially of a top layer) – is more and more widely used for the design of concrete floors. The fiber add-on also reduces probability of a cracking.
More Posts Related To Hiring Contractors Or Home Remodeling
👉 What's Trending Now
- How To Not Get Ripped-Off Cleaning Up Storm Damage In 2021? Follow These Home Improvement Tips!
- How To Quickly Locate A Good Remodeling Contractor In 2021? Learn The Below Tips Immediately!
- Worry Your Floor Goes Bad During Wet Seasons? Use These Important Floor Waterproofing Materials (2021)
👉 Hiring Contractors
- Home Renovation Projects – Weighing Your Options For Hiring The Best Remodeling Contractor In 2021
- How To Choose A Capable Architect For Your New House In 2021? Read This Advice For Insights!
- What Are The 16 Divisions Of General Contractors? Find The One According To Your Needs! (2021)
👉 Home Remodeling Ideas
- Getting The Power Washing Commercial Buildings Needed In 2021
- Facing Queries When Doing Renovation? Using The Web For Research In 2021
- What Are Chinese Drywall Tests? Take A Look And Understand How They Relate To Your Health! (2021)
👉 Flooring Designs
- Household Decorations Guide 2021: Instructions For Installing Bamboo Flooring In Your Home
- Looking For Flooring With Powerful Structure? Take A Look At Solid Wood Flooring Accessories! (2021)
- Installing Vinyl Floor Planks For A New Look In Your Living Space In 2021
👉 Bathroom Remodeling
👉 Moving House