Today it is possible to find in the market of building materials various types and modifications of such for a long time a familiar covering for a floor as parquet. A parquet floor is used in inhabited and public buildings because it favorably differs with its beautiful exterior view, longevity, small thermal conductivity and good sound insulation.
Types Of Parquet
There are following types of parquet:
- Block parquet. It’s manufactured in form of small separate panels with length from 150 to 600 mm, width from 30 to 100 mm and thickness of 16 mm possessing daps and feathers at the long edges to ne jointed with each other.
- Mosaic (glued-laminated) parquet. It’s manufactured as a ready panels assembled from separate planks.
- Plated parquet. It’s manufactured in form of plates and possesses multilayer construction with a solid base, tray. From above the tray is coated with planks of various forms and from more valuable fine wood. As a rule the plates have a form of square.
The parquet differs with exterior view, colors, wood textures. As a rule, the solid wood is used for the producing of materials.
They are divided on light and dark for convenience. To the first refer: beech, ash, birch, pine, maple, larch and others. The dark include – nut, redwood and ebony. Oak, hornbeam, pear-tree, cherry, teak, olive tree occupy intermediate situation. The maple, beech, sweet cherry and pear-tree change a tincture of color depending on light angle. The oak parquet is the most widespread one.
Except the durability and colour the parquet differs with a texture. There are “radial”, “tangential” and “rustic”. Lumber fibers of a “radial” one are directed parallel a long side of a plank. Such a floor is smoother and more expensive. The texture of “tangential” one consists of “divorces” – fibers are located crosswise. A “rustic” one consists of «sapwood» (it means external, young and lighter layers of lumber) and knots with the diameter of not more than 5 mm. If the diameter of knots is not more than 3 mm, such parquet is called «standard». Versions “rustic” and “standard” are not sorted by a colour and a texture, therefore, they are cheaper. All plates of a parquet of premium class are of the same colour and are selected according to a texture.
The parquet should be well packed and stored in a dry aerated room. The level of moisture for parquet panels should be in the limits of 6-12 %.
The Service Life Of Parquet
Working life of a parquet covering is defined by a technology of its manufacturing, a method of a parquet laying and a quality of a material that all together affects the final value of a floor. A service life of a floor parquet covering is from 5 till 10 years. If a longer term is supposed it is possible to use parquet on a gluten basis with a support from a fiberboard. The service life of floor in this case becomes equal to service life of a paste placed under the base sheet and lasts for 10-20 years. Then the paste ceases to keep parquet planks and they start to wobble and fall out.
The paste is selected depending on the content of water. More expensive anhydrous pastes are preferred because hydrous ones can cause the deformation of parquet and its lag from a floor. If a floor is supposed for a long period of service it is better to arrange it from block parquet with installation on a paste and nails on logs with a “rough-edged” floor from a shiplap eaves board. The service life of such floor is not less than 30 years.
More Posts Related To Hiring Contractors Or Home Remodeling
👉 What's Trending Now
- How To Not Get Ripped-Off Cleaning Up Storm Damage In 2021? Follow These Home Improvement Tips!
- Must-learn Flooring Interior Design Ideas For Homeowners (2021): Oak Wood Floor, Its Characteristics And Details
- Facing Queries When Doing Renovation? Using The Web For Research In 2021
👉 Hiring Contractors
- Important Roof Covering Advice You Literally Will Try Out Starting From 2021
- Remodeling Issues (2021) – Promoting Safety In A Construction Site With These 4 Tips
- Why Do We Need A Plumber Or Plumbing Technicians? (2021)
👉 Home Remodeling Ideas
- How To Enhance Your Living Environment? Make A Difference With These Great Home Improvement Tips And Tricks! (2021)
- Basement Waterproofing Facts Homeowners Should Know in 2021
- Increase The Value Of Your Property With These Handy Home Improvement Tips (2021)
👉 Flooring Designs
- Residential Flooring Design Recommendation & Tips 2021: Engineered Wood Floors
- DIY Home Repairing 2021: Basic Ideas And Rules Of Wood Floor Repair
- Office Renovation (2021): Benefits Of Using Laminate Flooring And Stair Treading In Workspace
👉 Bathroom Remodeling
👉 Moving House