Furniture is very fragile regardless of its appearance. In the process of relocation it is common to leave several scratch marks or break some chair legs. A lot of people don’t pay attention to this fact and so end up having issues with favorite sofas having torn upholstery or severely damaged kitchen cabinets. Don’t neglect your furniture and ensure that it is protected in the process of relocation.
5 Tips To Protect Your Furniture When Moving
For furniture protection boxes and tape will not be enough. So your goal is to collect special supplies required for furniture protection. For instance, you’ll need bubble wrap, plastic stretch wrap, special covers for mattresses and sofas, plastic bags of different sizes that can be sealed, and corrugated cardboard sheets. Even on the stage of planning and booking your moving company discuss this issue so that you don’t get caught by surprise when your mover won’t be able to offer you these materials.
Before you begin packing the furniture, ensure that you thoroughly clean it. Not just dust it on the shelves, but use detergents for cabinets and fridge, vacuum all armchairs and sofa, clean any debris from drawers. This will not only lighten up your move, but also provide you more comfort at the final destination. Furthermore, you’ll be able to put something inside the drawers to save some space.
Dismantle in Advance
The earlier you dismantle and pack the furniture, the better. Remove all legs and handles so that they don’t get damaged when moved. However, don’t do it as you wish. Make sure to use manual for each piece, otherwise you risk breaking some machines and furniture and getting to the point of no return. Use sealable plastic bags for all minor pieces you dismantled and put these bags inside of the pieces you took them from. Don’t transport legs separately from the table or chair. This will only increase the risk of losing important parts.
Don’t just wrap the furniture as you wish, make sure to do it properly. Use bubble wrap and plastic sheeting for this purpose. Bubble wrap will protect delicate wooden pieces, while plastic wrap can protect your upholstered items. Instead of plastic wrap you can also use old or packing blankets. Corrugated cardboard sheets will also work great in between wooden pieces.
Have a Placement Plan
And the final most important issue in the process of furniture relocation is its positioning in a moving truck. Whether you move yourself or hire a moving team, ensure that you put all furniture pieces carefully so that they don’t move around the truck when transported. Make a plan to use the space in the most efficient way. Take your time to plan everything to save your furniture.
Bonus: Moving Companies Pro Tricks for Packing
As you know moving process consists of three main parts: packing, relocation, unpacking and the last one depend on the first one. So if you pack everything efficiently, you will be able to unpack your home at a new location without any problems. The important question then is how to pack effectively? The answer is in the right order. Below you can find six tips for pro packing from moving companies experts.
- Supplies. Think of what you may need to pack your home. The basics include boxes (both plastic and cardboard), bubble wrap, tape, permanent markers, and trash bags. Boxes can be found for free at a local store, everything else is available at your nearest dollar store.
- Make a checklist. Before you began packing and relocation in general you created a checklist for every step of your relocation. Now it’s time to make one for all your belongings. Go through all your items and choose which ones you take to the new place, which ones can be donated or given to friends, and which ones must be thrown away. The more things you leave behind, the less your moving cost will be.
- First packing. At this point you can pack all items that you can live without. Pack seasonal equipment, some old games that you cherish, photo albums, books, clothes, etc. The more you can pack now, the easier the following steps will be. Make sure that you pack room by room to avoid mess.
- Second packing. At his point you need to pack the “emergency kit” for the first couple of days and months of living. You won’t be able to make everything easy-to-reach, so think of what is more important at a new place.
- Third packing. And during the final packing collect everything you used up till the last moment. This includes your hygiene products and clothes as well as some food and basic kitchenware.
- Trash. At he final stage go through your home and throw away the mess you left behind. Even though at this point you get rid of useless stuff, still pay attention to what you are throwing. Sometimes in the hectic moments of packing people throw away extremely valuable and dear things.
Once you are done with packing, just wait for the moving company representatives to relocate your belongings and start a new life without looking back. Remember to mark all boxes and bags that you pack to facilitate unpacking in your new home.
More Posts Related To Hiring Contractors Or Home Remodeling
👉 What's Trending Now
- Perfect Bathroom Design 101: Custom Shower Glass Enclosures (2021)
- How To Choose A Capable Architect For Your New House In 2021? Read This Advice For Insights!
- Facing Queries When Doing Renovation? Using The Web For Research In 2021
👉 Hiring Contractors
- Questions A Contractor Should Ask & Should Avoid Asking You (2021)
- Important Roof Covering Advice You Literally Will Try Out Starting From 2021
- How To Not Get Ripped-Off Cleaning Up Storm Damage In 2021? Follow These Home Improvement Tips!
👉 Home Remodeling Ideas
- What Are The Most & Least Complained Home Improvement Services? (2021)
- Homeowners Must-learn 2021: What Is Your Home Improvement Style?
- Basement Waterproofing Facts Homeowners Should Know in 2021
👉 Flooring Designs
- Worry Your Floor Goes Bad During Wet Seasons? Use These Important Floor Waterproofing Materials (2021)
- Learn About Mahogany Wood Flooring For Aesthetic Looks – Home Design Ideas Making Your Home Elegant & Stylish 2021
- Learn More About Sheet Vinyl Flooring – One Of The Great Residential Interior Design Ideas 2021
👉 Bathroom Remodeling
👉 Moving House