The floor waterproofing includes the implementation of number of measures to protect the room from moisture and water penetration. For every separate case there are an unique method and a material for waterproofing. The waterproofing is divided into:
- Painting waterproofing
- Membrane waterproofing
- Cast waterproofing
- Filling waterproofing
- Impregnating waterproofing
Painting Waterproofing Of Floor
Painting waterproofing of floor is one of the simplest and most available protection methods against moisture. There is widely used the multilayer coating of bituminous or polymeric varnishes.
Bitumen and materials that contains bitumen are widely distributed, inexpensive and easy in use. But you need to take into account that their lifetime is only five-six years. Besides with time bitumen loses elasticity and becomes extremely fragile at negative temperatures that lead to cracking and loss of waterproofing properties. Short life of petrobituminous materials has led to development and exit of synthetic polymers into the market and materials on their basis, bituminous-rubber and is bituminous-polymeric mastics as well.
The painting waterproofing can be also carried out by means of finishing mortars. They consist of cement, filling materials and various polymeric additives. Distinctivenesses of the this waterproofing are ecological purity, long service life, possibility of coating over such finishing materials as facing plaster, paint, tiles.
The membrane waterproofing of floor is implemented by coating of a multilayer waterproofing carpet from reeled or sheet bituminous, polymeric or polymeric-bituminous materials. Level-by-level gluing is carried out at high temperatures on primed surface of construction.
According to the opinion of specialists the most reliable waterproofing method is cast. The solid impervious layer is formed as a result of operation of filling of solutions and mastics between a surface of a construction and a special fencing. According to temperatures of molding materials there are marked out hot asphalt-polymeric and cold waterproofing. The last trend in development of a cast waterproofing is application of various expanded plastics.
The filling waterproofing of floor is made by filling of special impervious layers and hollownesses with fill insulating materials. This type of waterproofing is like cast with a design but has bigger thickness by smaller watertightness.
The impregnating waterproofing of floor represents impregnating of the building constructions consisting of expanded materials by organic binding substance such as bitumen or polymeric varnishes. This method of a waterproofing is very effective for elements of the constructions which are exposed to intensive mechanical impact.
Despite all variety of waterproofing materials and technologies of their use the waterproofing should be continuous in a floor design. The waterproof finish should be continued uninterruptedly on altitude not less than 300 mm from flooring level in places of contiguity of a floor to walls and other constructions jutting out over the floor.
More Posts Related To Hiring Contractors Or Home Remodeling
👉 What's Trending Now
- How To Choose The Best TV Service Provider? (2021)
- Instructions & Guide To Design A Handicap-Accessible Bathroom In 2021
- How To Quickly Locate A Good Remodeling Contractor In 2021? Learn The Below Tips Immediately!
👉 Hiring Contractors
- Struggling For Home Renovation Project? Follow These Tips To Find A Great Remodeling Contractor In 2021
- Remodeling Issues (2021) – Promoting Safety In A Construction Site With These 4 Tips
- How To Assess And Narrow Choices In Finding The Right Remodeling Contractor In 2021
👉 Home Remodeling Ideas
- Useful Tips On How To Install Garage Cabinets In Your Carport (2021)
- What Are The Most & Least Complained Home Improvement Services? (2021)
- Homeowners Must-learn 2021: What Is Your Home Improvement Style?
👉 Flooring Designs
- Things Home Owners May Not Know 2021: What Is Floor Warming System And Why Is It Important?
- House Renovation Ideas 2021 – You May Try Garage Epoxy Floor System!
- DIY Home Repairing 2021: Basic Ideas And Rules Of Wood Floor Repair
👉 Bathroom Remodeling
👉 Moving House